- All products are added to your cart.
How To Use Your Face Mask and Add A Filter
HOW TO USE AND CARE
• Wash your hands before and after you use your mask. Please continue to refrain from touching your mask or face while it’s on.
• Make sure there’s a snug fit and seal off any airflow gaps with the adjustable nose (Adjustable Nose On Unity Mask Only*). It's recommended to use tape to secure the mask to your nose and cheeks to seal off any additional gaps.
• Insert a filter for extra protection* (Unity Mask Only*). Studies suggest HEPA grade filters (i.e. HVAC filters made from polyester) and vacuum cleaner bags have the highest effectiveness in blocking virus-sized particles. Extra layers of fabric or paper materials such as coffee filters can add additional filtration when those are not readily available. Ensure air can flow through both the mask and filter. Please refer to our website guide for a recommended list of safe filters to use.
• Wash and re-use your mask. It's recommended to dispose of your filter and wash your mask after each use. Wash the mask in hot water with detergent or at least 160 degrees Fahrenheit and dry hot. White fabrics are safe to use bleach. Store in separate bags.
• These are for personal use and are not medical grade masks or FDA approved. They are not meant to replace N95, surgical, or procedural masks. These masks can be worn over medical grade masks to help lengthen their effective lifespan. Early data suggests wearing cloth face coverings will help protect against droplet transmissions from cough and sneezes. They are protective wear to help minimize the spread of COVID-19. Remember that this mask is not a substitute to social distancing. Refer to the latest advice of the CDC and healthcare professionals for best practices on keeping yourself safe.